Wednesday, July 9, 2014

WIPs on Wednesday

Now that the hot, hazy and humid weather has found it’s way to my part of the world the sewing is slowing down. I still have lots of ideas floating around in my head and I start every day with good intentions. If only good intentions were enough!

I did start something last week but sadly it’s still at the 4 block stage. This stack of fabric has been sitting on the shelf for a while. The line has many large prints so I’ve decided to make one of my favorites, a string quilt.

          db

          db1

         db2 

I always use paper foundations on my string blocks, so I guess I’ll have plenty to do when I just can’t get around to sewing!

Do you find it difficult to sew when the weather gets warm?

3 comments:

thebutterflyquilter said...

I love the way this is looking already!! Pretty!

Twisted Sticks said...

I love the look of string quilts. Funny I have never made one though. May be something I need to do this winter!! Beautiful!

OliveStreetStudio said...

I like these fabrics and YES I too find it difficult to sew when the weather is warmer and nicer. That's ok, I don't get too many outdoor hours and I make up the sewing time when I hibernate in the winter! :-)

I haven't done a string quilt, but have wanted to.....I may follow you in that regard!