Sunday, March 24, 2019

Quiltsy Cares - 3-24-19

Our featured quilter for today is Phyllis Pharis and her Etsy shop is Jambearies Quilt Co.

"My charity is Project Linus.  It's special to me because I love to make quilts for children in need. Project Linus' mission is to:  "Provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.”  I love being a part of that!

I donated a baby/toddler quilt with cute little owls and stripes of blue and green. The picture of me making the donation is taken at The Lake Mary Sewing Centre and the gal on the left is Mel Hicks, owner of the shop.  She collects the donations and turns them in to the Project Linus rep.

I live in Winter Springs, Florida, just Northeast of Orlando."
Lovely donation, Phyllis!  Thanks for your beautiful work!

written by Pamela of PamelaQuilts.  Pamela is a founding member of the Quiltsy Team on Etsy and is currently team leader.

2 comments:

JM in Toronto said...

Such a great cause!

MooseCarol said...

Love this piece...and your cause