Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Quiltsy Cares 3/13/19


Holly Daniels of Mom the Quilter made her donation to Quilts of Valor.  Here is more about her donation:
I have donated to Quilts of Valor to honor the many people in my family who have served in the Army and Navy (my husband, son and daughter, brother, father-in-law, a niece and nephew, and several uncles, great uncles, and cousins).  Some were drafted, some joined voluntarily, a couple were injured in the line of duty, but all served to the best of their ability.  I have learned much through their sacrifices.   

The first two quilts pictured were pieced by the Stitching Sisters, a group of quilters who meet and sew at the Senior Center in Shelbyville, Indiana, where I live.  They are a delightful, giving group of ladies and I have had the privilege of longarm quilting several of the military quilts that they present to local residents. 

As a freelance designer, I was also asked to design a charity quilt for the book Annie’s Quick and Easy Charity Quilts.  I don’t have a lot of time to do personal sewing, so I chose Quilts of Valor as one of my charities.

      https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=145995&cat_id=1422   

written by Pamela of PamelaQuilts.  Pamela is a founding member of the Quiltsy Team on Etsy and is currently team leader.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Holly...what a heartfelt donation! Such a worth cause.