Saturday, April 18, 2009

MAY DAZE: ACTION REQUIRED

Hi Team!!!

We found out that Storque is probably not going to publish our fabulous promotional materials, so we are going to have to do some promoting of our own. To that end, I have created several media releases for us to put in our arsenal - text, image maps, badges, and yes - even VIDEO!!!!!

In order to finalize everything, I need everyone to take action & do their part to make this a success. It shouldn't take long if everyone pitches in!

#1: The article.
Before the article gets published, I need EVERYONE to read it. It is hosted on my website right now and the link is below. Check for grammatical errors. Is it flashy enough, yet simple? Is it clear what everyone is supposed to do to participate?

What about the rules? Does everyone agree? I took a couple of liberties, but there are still holes. So if someone has the answer to the following please let me know: a) how many letters will be hidden? b) how many words are there or how many phrases? c) Some of our shops have hundreds of items. Do we want to ask folks to keep the image within the first couple of pages, or offer a hint or something to where it is? We don't want to make it too hard - there are A LOT of shops to visit!! d) are folks ok with the int'l shipping rules? (I just don't think it would be fair if one seller ended up shipping from Australia to Canada or something and have to pay that cost + the item they gave away.)

FOR PARTICIPATING SHOPS: It is vital that you CLICK your shop link, and make sure it lands on your shop. Please convo me if it doesn't or comment on this post. If your shop is not linked, it means I didn't get your promo item. While it is too late to incorporate the photo in the clickable image map at the top, if you tell me what you are giving away I will link your shop. (This is more just a way to keep track of who has done what, not a way to eliminate you from participating from the promo. I will verify participating shops with the QT leaders prior to publishing.)

Here is the link to the article:
http://lovebugstudios.com/maydaze.htm

Once the article is finalized, I will publish the HTML code so everyone can cross-post to their individual blogs/websites.

#2: The QuiltsyTeam page.
A lot of the promotional materials hinge around QuiltsyTeam.etsy.com. So I need the shop owner (sorry I forgot who) to update the profile to say "May Daze is COMING SOON!! Check back in this space for more details on our May Daze promotion May 10 - 16, 2009. Bookmark this page, and visit some of our favorite sellers while you are here!"

It doesn't need to be that exact text, but I needed someplace to drop curious people that doesn't let them in on every little detail of our promotion (i.e. this blog) and that will drive people to Etsy in the mean time too.

#3: Listing participating shops on the QuiltsyTeam page.
I have formatted the article in such a way that (whoever owns this) can copy/paste the text of the participating shops from the article into the QuiltsyTeam profile. Etsy automatically recognizes its own shop links, so once you add them to the public profile they will automatically link to the seller's shops. If you want me to strip out the bullet & the prize description, let me know & I can give you a separate list.

#4: Promo Badges
I have some images that I used in the video & in the article... if you guys want that to also be made available so you can add to your blogs or whatever, let me know via comment on this post & I will post them separately.

#5: VIDEO!
I have produced two 30-second spots that can be pushed out to Flickr, YouTube, Twitter, Blogger, websites, emailed to friends, Wordpress, Facebook, etc. If you have social networking sites where you can promote our commercials, please let me know so I can provide the code to embed in your sites. I will try to add another post with the code & instructions if there is enough interest. In the mean time... please check out the videos, and turn on your audio 'cause there's music too!!!!

Video #1


Video #2

14 comments:

PersimonDreams said...

Before I even comment on anything else I just have to say "Wow" lovebug...you have done a fabulous job so far!

PersimonDreams said...

The only thing that popped out at me in the rules was in the first bullet (How to Play) you wrote: ...secret letters in within listings...
I think that should be switched to ...secret letters within listings... nothing else caught my eye at the moment but it is early :)

FabricFascination said...

You did an amazing job Lovebug, thank you so much for your hard work, wonderful job!

PersimonDreams said...

oh, and my opinion on question c) do we limit the pages that we can put the hidden letter on? (or something to that effect)

What if we limit it to quilt related items...quilts, bags, etc. I know that would help narrow things down in my shop and they could use the sections to help them...just my thoughts...

FabricFascination said...

I would definitely like to have the embed code for my website and a badge as well, thanks!

New Adventure said...

What an AWESOME job you did. WOW!

Gail S. said...

Lovebug, that is amazing. I can't believe how much hard work you put into it. GREAT JOB. The only thing I found was the same item as Kim. I thought the rules look fine. I would like to be able to leave a hint as to the location of my letter.

CyndeJo said...

Lovebug,,,Wow you are amazing! I would definitely like to have code and a badge for my blog.

Ilena said...

I also would like a badge, and embed codes so I can post on my blog & twitter. The videos are great you did an amazing job!

Debbie said...

lovebug your fabulous babe!
I'm in whatever the majority says because my brain is on overload right now, I can't think straight.

I want a code to insert to my blog please, if it's not too much trouble.........

Ellen said...

This is so amazing... haven't read the article yet, but I want code to post in my blog.

Nikol said...

This is great - I am new to the group, but I definitely want in on the fun! I read the article and have the same comments as Kim, limiting the items to quilt related items and limiting the pages.

Nikol said...

This is great - I am new to the group, but I definitely want in on the fun! I read the article and have the same comments as Kim, limiting the items to quilt related items and limiting the pages.

Anonymous said...

Lovebug, you get 5 gold stars!

This is all just awesome! I ditto the badge/codes for blogs.