Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday's Favorites: Cats vs. Dogs

Happy New Year and welcome to a new year of Friday's Favorites!

I thought I'd start this year off in a quirky way with some inspiration from a radio report. On my way to work this morning I heard about a survey asking which is better, cats or dogs. It got me to thinking about what Quiltsy has to offer in the way of pet accoutrement, so here's my favorites this Friday:

I'm not sure which is cuter the Reversible Urban Chic Dog Jacket from Perennial Piecer or the cute puppy who's wearing it! Tres chic!!

I think any of my three cats would love to curl up on this divine Cat Mat from Eclectic Armadillo. Purrfectly heavenly!

And to really show some love to your dog, cat, hamster, rabbit, snake - well, any pet I imagine - check out Paw and Purrs' custom OOAK pet portraits.

Find more great items for your furry friends and the humans who love them by entering "Quiltsy" + "pet," "cat," or "dog" in the Etsy search fields.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for including my "heavenly" cat mat! I began making cat mats only recently because of contact with our local Humane Society. Living out in the countryside strays find their way here, & I can't take good care of more than a few. Being a homebody, one of the ways I can contribute to the Humane Society is by donating cat mats for the adopted cats. Sarah

Cathie said...

Fun! Love the portraits, the blankie (which I wouldn't mind snuggling on!)- but I especially ADORE the funky jacket! How cool Sarah that you donate your time and efforts. Bravo.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for including my pet portraits. I can create a pet portrait for any type of animal. Just email me a digital picture and I will create you a unquie one of a kind portrait of your pet.

sewfunquilts said...

Great subject......but sure, cats are the best!