Here are the proposed team rules that will become effective April 2010. If you spot a typo, or have any questions, please let us know! If you are a member in good standing on the team you will receive an e-mail with the rules and will be asked to reply to that e-mail to remain a member in good standing with all team benefits. A copy of this will be sent to all prospective team members. Those applicants must have their shops approved by a team member who will be assigned to review the shop and determine if the shop meets the qualifications that we have set forth here. Thank you for your input on the new rules, we hope this will help keep our membership numbers manageable and active!
Quiltsy Team Membership Rules
In order to be an approved team member you must:
1. Must be an active seller for three months before joining (no sales required). Must have 3 quilted items listed in shop. After application and approval status will be probationary for 3 months so new members show they will be active participants and will be able to continue their shops.
2. Must have a complete profile, policies and location including city, state, and country.
3. Must participate in team thread at least once a month. We are using a yahoo database spreadsheet in order for each member to check in quarterly to mark their participation. If you do not want to join the yahoo group you should ask someone to add you to the database and check in for you.
4. Must maintain at least 3 (or more) quilted items ready for sale in shop at all times. These must be made by the shop owner or a close relative. Vintage quilts or quilts being resold for craft purposes do not qualify. (Exceptions made for extraordinary circumstances, vacations, illness, etc) Definition of quilted: made of two layers of fabric stitched together with a padding held in place with decorative stitching by hand or machine. Includes bed coverings, wall hangings, purses, bags, table coverings, pillow coverings, postcards and cases of all types. Quilts without batting, such as cathedral window, yo-yo quilts, crazy quilts and summer quilts are also acceptable as long as they are quilted - not just two layers of fabric edgestitched together.
*the membership committee reserves the right to make a final determination on the issue if there is a question on suitability or quality of items.
5. Must comply with all Etsy TOUs
6. Must provide a working e-mail and agree to receive group e-mail from quiltsy team.
7. Must participate in at least one team activity during a calendar year. This may be a promotion, swap, challenge, blog article, etc.
8. Must use appropriate tagging. Only Quilted items are to be tagged Quiltsy Team. All other items may be tagged QTM (quiltsy team member). Only items in approved Quiltsy shops may be tagged Quiltsy Team.
Any approved team member who is not following team rules will be warned and moved to the probation list. If they do not comply during the three months of probation they will be removed from the membership list permanently. Only members in good standing are allowed to participate in team swaps.