Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WiP Wednesday #31

Welcome to another WiP (Work in Progress) Wednesday! I'm your host, Jerimi. For the next 23 days I'll be obsessing over a holiday craft show that I signed up for.



This week I completed 63 small catnip kicksticks. That's something, right? I'm going to run out of catnip shortly, though, and I don't think I'll have enough Etsy sales between now and the show to be able to make the minimum order for more catnip. ARGH. Not really sure how to solve this, just yet. The show is juried, so I can't just make something completely different after I was cleared for selling cat toys. I'll have to figure something out. I'm open to suggestion if you've ever faced something similar for a show.



I love getting to work with so many different colors and patterns of fabric. I think that’s a big part of the attraction for making these. That, and I love when people send me action shots of their cats with the toys.



So that's what I've been up to, and will probably continue to be up to for a few more weeks. :P And you guys? You guys have been busy. Lots of great shares last week.

Fabric Fascination shared some jaw-dropping hexies.



Happier Than A Bird teased us with a peek at a secret project. How much do you love these fabrics together? Whatever that project is, I just want to wrap up in it on a chilly morning with a giant mug of coffee.



Char from Cloth Stitched shared her plans for this cheerily inspiring fabric. (Click on the link or the image to find out more.)



Terry Aske blew me away with her lovely finish. Everything about this quilt is beautiful.



Jan at Janice Elaine Sews braved a crazy heatwave (107 degrees!) to share this crazy triangle goodness:



Dawn Stewart from Spring Water Designs is practicing her free motion quilting. I'm jealous both of her talent, and her sewing machine.



Finally, thank you to everyone who has participated, and who plans on doing so this week. I know how busy we all get around the holiday season, which is definitely starting to ramp up.

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and share what's on your work table.

Happily Yours in Crafting,
-Jerimi
Quiltsy WiP

2 comments:

FabricFascination said...

Sew much fun using different fabrics for your kicksticks. I would love to see some shots of cats playing with them.

Jerimi said...

Thanks, FabricFascination! And thanks to everyone joining up.