Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WIPs on Wednesday

Do you have lots of quilt books, magazines, and patterns? I do but I never use them. Or at least I never use their patterns. I always find myself designing my own patterns by taking a little from here and a little from there.

I've used EQ to design a few quilts but I never actually made any of the ones I designed.

Well this week I started playing around with an app I have on my iPad called Block Fab - HD. I've been so uninspired I really need a jump start. So I spent some time putting different blocks together to see if secondary  shapes would appear. There are loads of blocks to play with. The usuals like log cabin, square in a square and attic windows. It's really amazing what happens when you combine blocks and change color placement. I came up with many different designs.

   This is a four patch and hourglass block repeat.   photo (2)

This is my favorite so far! It’s the Snails trail and twist blocks.photo (5)

This is the one I will actually be making.

   It’s a pinwheel and shoofly block.photo (6)

photo (7)

I hope to choose fabrics for this quilt sometime this week after I work out my computer issues. It took me 3.5 hours to get this blog posted today. I sure hope you are having a better start to your day.

3 comments:

Gail S. said...

I like to use EQ also, for designing, and color placement.
Love the Snail Trail especially in your photos. -- Gail

thebutterflyquilter said...

I am also a fan of your snail trail. I had EQ till I got my new apple. So I keep EQ on my old laptop and play with also. Wonderful to see what you can come up with!

Johnny Solace said...

This is great and idealistic idea. I'll share this one to my friends. Thanks for this information.
Trace owners phone number