Monday, March 25, 2019

Quiltsy Cares 3/25/19

For today our featured quilter is Carol Ann Johnston of MooseCarolQuilts.etsy.com.  Her donation went to a great cause - here is what she said about her donations:



The quilts I donated this year went to three families who were burned out in the Paradise, CA, wildfires last summer. One of the members of my local church is related to a burnout victim who worked at a clinic there. Three families of folks who worked at the same clinic lost everything in the fires.

My local church, Hope Lutheran Church in Eagle, Idaho, organized a donation drive to help replace household objects for those families. Our small congregation filled a big trailer with household goods. I watched in horror the news clips of the fires in California and I just couldn’t wrap my head around someone losing everything in a wildfire like that. So when I heard about the church’s drive, it was very easy to send quilts for the families.

Carol donated three quilts--two twin-size and one queen bed quilt.

Carol lives in Boise, Idaho, USA

Thanks for your generous and very comforting gifts, Carol!

written by Pamela of PamelaQuilts.  Pamela is a founding member of the Quiltsy Team on Etsy and is currently team leader.

1 comment:

JM in Toronto said...

Very generous donation to those who were devastated by the California fires.