Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WiP Wednesday #1

Good morning, all! I'm Jerimi, from Sunflower Muse. I'm so excited to be hosting this linky party, I don't even have words. I hope you will join in.

If you haven't participated in a Linky Party before, it's a "party" where readers share a link from the party host site back to their blog post and visa versa. This is a "WiP" (Work In Progress) linky party. You can link to anything you've worked on over the past week, but haven't finished yet. The point is to show what you've got in the works. We want to see your workrooms and what you've got cooking in there!

I'll get us started this week, and next week I'll highlight WiPs from other team members.

For the last three weeks, I've been working like a fiend on the "Scrap Attack" quilt along. Seriously, this is insane. It's going to be close as to whether I come in under the deadline (March 26). It's been really good for me, though, as most of my quilts drag out into a years-long project. This is a QAYG (quilt as you go) scrappy quilt.


And this is what a stack of 15 QAYG blocks looks like.

Blocks finished: 30/30 That's all the blocks! Now they just need to be sewn into a quilt top, add backing, quilt it, and... well, now I'm starting to get ahead of myself. One thing at a time.

Completed projects: 0
New projects: 0
Currently in progress: 2

Ready to play along? Please copy and paste the code below into your blog. That way others can come see what we're all working on.

Quiltsy WiP




6 comments:

whimbrella said...

Thanks for hosting this weekly feature. I will go dig out a picture of one of my MANY works in progress to share.

Char said...

Thank you for the opportunity to link up. I'm looking forward to seeing what others are up to.

Jerimi said...

Thank you, Whimbrella & Char!

Dawn said...

Very cool idea for inspiration!

Anonymous said...

What a super idea. I put the Quiltsy badge on my blog, and will take some pictures of my WIP's and get them linked.

Thanks for doing this.

Kathy Kinsella said...

This is a great idea ... I'll hope to join in one of these Wednesdays!