Wednesday, August 13, 2014

WIPs on Wednesday

Do you ever have trouble trying to decide what color combination to choose for your next quilt? Do you have a color combination you love and consider it your “go to” combination?

Being a scrap quilt lover I’ve never actually had a color combination I was hooked on. I love all colors, all the time the more the better. Yet I’ve always wanted to make a blue and white quilt. I’ve been collecting blue and white fabric for some time now (like years) and lately I’ve been thinking it’s time to stop collecting and start sewing. Now all I need to do is settle on a pattern!

 

This is my inspiration! I collect Polish pottery. This isn’t my collection, it’s borrowed from the internet. It’s great inspiration, don’t you think?

Hey maybe I’ll even make a blue and white table cloth to show off my collection.

So tell me, do you have a favorite color combination?

6 comments:

Ann Symes said...

Blue & White is my fav color combo too! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Gayle Pulley paintedquilts said...

I love so many colors it's hard to tell, I guess I favor pink and cream right now.
Those are beautiful dishes!

thebutterflyquilter said...

I've seen these dishes when we lived over seas and it is a beautiful collection and inspiration for a blue and white quilt!

teachpany said...

The dishes are gorgeous! I actually just finished a blue and white quilt featuring Spa by Moda. I did a tossed 9 patch, because I used charm squares. The next one is warm colors, and the next one planned is pinks, blues, and black. I'm always changing my project colors. Have fun with your blues!

eva said...

aha.....so you collect bunslau...
it is gorgeous....
we have some too...
it's kind of drool pottery isn't it??

xo
eva

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

Your blue and white collection is beautiful!

I love all colors, but my favorite color palette is black & white with chartreuse, or come to think of it, any color palette that includes chartreuse.