Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Quiltsy Cares: 3/20/29

Today's featured quilter is Maryellen from MaryMackMadeMine  Maryellen lives in Franklin Square, New York.  Her donations are for her parish church, St. Anne's.



"St. Anne's Church was sending a number of students to World Youth Day Panama, January 20, 2019.  I wanted to help support the cost of the trip, so I'm donating an American Flag wall hanging for them to raffle off.  They were collecting at our church's Spirit Day last September, and I had a craft booth selling my quilts. 

Unfortunately other things caused this to not be finished before their trip, but I hope to have it done by the end of the month, and they can use the funds as they see fit.  This is a photo of another flag I've made.  

I also donated collection baskets in honor of my dad, who was an usher and Extraordinary Minister for over 60 years in the parish.  We donated this in Dad's memory.  I've been a substitute usher for about 3 years, and some of the baskets were in sorry shape.  I worked with Sr. Judy to get the baskets, and she suggested I embroider a patch to include Dad's info. " 

Maryellen also is a full time caregiver for her mom - so you can see that she is a very caring person!  Thanks, Maryellen, for all the good you do!


written by Pamela of PamelaQuilts.  Pamela is a founding member of the Quiltsy Team on Etsy and is currently team leader.

1 comment:

teachpany said...

Thanks so much for writing this for us, Pamela. I appreciate your time, and sweet comments.