Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WIPs on Wednesday

I’ve actually finished a few WIPs this past week. Three mug rugs, two of which have found their way to my Etsy shop. The other is one that I did some big stitch quilting on. I really love hand stitching but I must say I prefer regular hand quilting rather than big stitch. I like the look but I found it difficult to pull the perle cotton through the 3 layer quilt sandwich. I used some scrapes from my all time favorite fabric Moda Nouveau.

           NOU

Speaking of scraps, what do you do with yours? Are they organized by color, size or shape? What do you consider too small to keep? I’ll tell you mine are only organized by color. I just find it easier when I need something to go to that bin and if need be cut the scrap to size. When I have small amounts left from a quilt I do sometimes cut a few 2.5” squares. I use them as leaders and enders. Right now I’m working on a quilt with leaders and enders I pieced over the summer.

Are you working on a scrap project? Or maybe working on your scraps is your project this week. Whatever you are working on we’d like to see it!

4 comments:

thebutterflyquilter said...

I have now separated all my scraps and fabrics into separate binds by color. It is working out so much easier to find what I need in the color that I need!
If I can keep it up for the year I think I might be OK with it!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I keep mine first by size then by color. I LOVE my scraps.

Twisted Sticks said...

I use a lot of my scraps in paper foundation work or just making scrappy quilt as you go projects. I keep them in plastic tubs and try to keep them by colorway.

Last year I made myself go through all of them and throw away the really small pieces. So hard to part with anything, but I won't live long enough to use it all. A lot of scraps I took to a local charity for them to use.

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is khejhub i m a professional graphics designer we will create a creative logo design and illustrations my hobby is design logo branding and creative company we are deliverd quick service and 24 hour online . Thanks Regard KHEJHUB

awsome illustration