Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WIPs on Wednesday

Do you find yourself reaching for the same colors every time you start a new project? I surely do. Looks like most things I make are pink or contain a bit of pink. I really do like pink and this month’s color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge was pink and then there’s Valentine’s day. Pink is the predominate color in my stash but this week I decided it really is time to move on and explore other colors.

I started with a small quilt which has lots of teal, aqua, yellow and orange.

              photo (93)         

I also made a small drawstring bag using this tutorial.

              photo (100)

I’m loving the orange, yellow and green. So no more pink, at least not before April 1st!

What colors are you experimenting with this week?

3 comments:

thebutterflyquilter said...

Great minds think alike. I am also working on Yellow, Green and Orange Red quilt this week!!

Pamela said...

I've got some green and pink going...thinking spring, here!

Josie said...

My 'dotty' fabric also has lots of fresh spring colours.